Friday, April 18, 2008

Tough Decisions.

Let's see. It's 75 degrees and gorgeous outside. Should I do what I had planned this afternoon, which is to organize THIS travesty:


(I almost can't believe I showed you that.)

Orrrrr I could play outside with these boys I know:


Speaking of boys, you haven't met our new addition, Brownie! Brownie is a sweetheart who my friend Lindsey had been fostering for awhile. Adam and I started to think about getting a buddy for Reese to play in the yard with, and I remembered seeing Brownie on Lindey's blog. The rest is history! He is about a year and a half old, and just SWEET. Charlie actually plays favorites a bit now, because Reese is still so hyper. The dogs get along great as well. Lindsey is the best dog mom I know!




This is what happens when I get annoying with the camera:



(Reese was in the pond at this point. Makes for a lovely scent, lemme tell ya.)
It was so hard for Brownie not to steal the ball! We had to use a decoy.




Adam was actually working in the yard this afternoon, too. We have a loooong way to go to get it like we want it, but it'll happen, one weekend at a time. One day I even hope to plant things!!

Taking a break to look for worms...(Did I mention I am having a girl???!! heehee.)



On to the pool area...Like I said, LOTS of work. It actually looks like it's filled with Coca Cola right now. Ew. Adam is so determined to make it fabulous, though. Here he is begging for Ty Pennington to hear our cries and come running out of the bushes with his megaphone...


Taking a break from all that hard work:



As I write this, Adam and Charlie are still outside, working and playing. I have a feeling I am going to have (at least) one tired, dirty boy on my hands tonight.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
(Cathy, I am sending you sunshine!!)

7 comments:

Carrie Beauchamp said...

It looks like he has the hardest part done with removing all the leaves from the pool area. Did I ever mention that I hate leaves now because that? Well it is 38 degrees here today. Send a little heat this way please. :)

Deirdre said...

What a beautiful day! And congrats on your (other) new addition. What a cutie! Are you guys just collecting dependents now??

J-Mac said...

Hmmm, nesting much?

Julie said...

I think you made the right decision re: cabinet vs. cuties. You have a pond AND a pool! How cool!
Congrats on the new pup! Like I always say,"The only thing better than a dog are two dogs; the only thing better than two dogs are three dogs..." well you get the idea.

Catherine said...

Cute.

Lindsey said...

yay! Pictures of Brownie have made it to the blog! I'm glad everything is working out for you guys. I miss my sweet little Brownie!

Anonymous said...

So next time you come over I'll show you MY kitchen cabinets and you'll feel MUCH better about yours!

It was a great weekend for outdoor play and glad you guys had your fill.

Your dog is precious.