Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finally....summer!

Yep, I still love it, even though I'm hotter than everyone (not like that, silly). This weekend was a blast. Let me start by describing Charlie's first time in the pool. All spring, as my parents have been getting it clean and ready, Charlie has been allowed to sit at the edge and put his feet or hands in. He loves this activity, so I was pretty confident that he would love getting in. Well, last Thursday, after my AMAZING spa day at Spa Sydell with Jess (thanks for the suggestions, ladies!) I decided to have a trial run with our little fishy. As we were walking toward the pool I said to him, "Charlie, you know how you put your hands and feet in the pool? Well, what do you think about putting your whole body in??" He looked at me like I was nuts. We get in, and OH how I wish I had filmed the next 5 minutes. I have never actually heard shrieks of joy in my life, or seen a smile that huge. He just kept on, screaming and grinning, and yelling, "Don't hold me, let me go"! He went straight under, and I kept pulling him back up, and he just laughed and laughed. I was in a panic, thinking I am going to have to cover his entire body in inflatables to keep him from drowning! Luckily, at the party, he was more calm, but as enthusiastic as ever. The boy is fearless. Good thing, bad thing? Maybe a little of both. The weather was beautiful for the party, and it was so good to spend time with my family and all of our friends. Here are some pics from the day.










Now that everyone is recovered from the weekend, we have so much to do! We got Charlie's new big boy room painted last week, and Mallory's nursery has to be painted TODAY, because their new carpet is coming tomorrow. Wow, that one sure snuck up on me, huh? I can't wait to post pics of the finished rooms! We only have 9 weeks (or so) until Miss M makes her debut (remember, the amazingly painless and easy one?) and it's going by so fast. I'm getting excited!!

Also, news on the work front...I am in the process of working on taking my photography in a different direction. Hmmm....7.5 months pregnant and cofounding a new company...why not?? More on that as it develops, but I am super excited about it! I spent all day yesterday working, and when I finally got home, I was rocking Charlie and reading a story. He looked up at me and said "I missed you, Mommy! Glad you home now." He has never came out and said that by himself, so it was really special. He gets sweeter every day...I am so lucky!

Okay, time to pick up the brush and roller...Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

Julie said...

It looks like it was a blast! I love the mid-air shot. Is that your new company? Aerial photography? If so I predict you will be VERY successful!

whatever_heather said...

Hey Julie! I forgot to give credit for the pics...Jess did almost all of them, and I got them from her. She's great!

Chatter said...

That sounds like SO much fun. 1) I need friends and 2) I need to get friendly with someone with a pool. Wish I lived closer. Can't wait to hear about your new endeavor. Best of luck!