Wednesday, May 14, 2008

To the mountains...AGAIN!

Okay, the summed up version:
Our Durango died a sad death back in April in the mountains.
We left it, refusing to buy a transmission for an old car we got really cheap.
Someone wanted to buy it and fix it!
Off we go to get the money and happily hand over the title to that P.O.S.
This means....a day trip to Helen with Charlie and my sis, Marlena!

On our way...


We will miss you, ya clunker!


While we're here, might as well spend zee afternoon in Helen, huh?





Ok, one reason for coming here for lunch was the best Rueben sandwich in the WORLD!







We wanted to take Charlie to one more place before we left, so we headed to a place called Charlemagne's Kingdom, where a husband and wife from Germany have set up the biggest, most elaborate model train set I have ever seen. It was amazing. I couldn't even get a shot of the whole thing. Charlie loved it!









After all that walking, I was just beat. (Hence my overly dramatic last blog entry.)
Soooo...thanks for driving us home, M!



We had a really fun day, and I am so glad Marlena was able to go with us. We used to go there as kids all the time, so getting candy and a pickle at the same store we used to go to was fun. Having her around is like having a nanny! I don't know if she feels sorry for ME or for Charlie (haha) but I appreciate it!
I just wanted to add this...I know my last post sounded terrible and I in no way would ever mean to be insensitive about pregnancy. I am extremely blessed and lucky to be going through all of it. I feel much better after resting yesterday! Thanks for all the great advice and kind words.
:)

7 comments:

Jess Addison said...

It looks like a fun day! I wish I could have joined you girls!!

Lindsey said...

The Black and White pic of you and Charlie is ADORABLE.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was just coming to comment on that B&W pic too. Fab-u. I think you guys really know how to have fun no matter what which is so awesome.

Also glad you're feeling better.

Lauren said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm glad your feeling better. God Bless!

Lauren

Carrie Beauchamp said...

I see you may need a car. We are going to sell Robby's car. Great gas mileage and good price. Interested?

Catherine said...

Looks fun but I bet you were exhausted!

Anonymous said...

You've inspired me. Looks like you guys had so much fun. We're planning a trip to Gatlinburg next weekend and were looking for 'off the beaten' path kind of thing/route to take. I think you've solved our problem. Hope you're feeling better. BTW, it doesn't get any easier with the heat of summer. So plan your outings in the morning and stay cool with your feet up in the afternoons.

Jan