Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What a Day!

Today and tonight have been my first experience as a mother to a sick kid. I don't think my heart has felt so bad for someone in a really long time. Charlie has been running a high fever all day and night, and has been really tired. We spent most of the day lying on the couch together, and then finally I took him to the dr. All is fine, he is sleeping now and taking Tylenol, but he still feels so hot and it really freaks me out. I hope is feeling better when he wakes up. The doctor said it is going around. Sigh. Now I know what this feels like. AWFUL!
In other Charlie health news, we were surprised to learn that even though he has no symtoms, his giardia test came back POSITIVE. We are starting him on a round of medicine this week and will test again in 2 months. Sheesh!
On a happier note, thanks for all the amazingly sweet comments on my pictures. You guys made me feel perdy. Thank you and I love you all! Pray, or think happy thoughts...whichever you do...for Charliepants to feel better!

6 comments:

Jess Addison said...

I'm thinking of you guys always! And especially now :) Get Well Soon Charliepants!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Mr. Charlie! There is not a more helpless feeling than when your kid is sick, and you can instantly make him feel better. Thinking warm fuzzies for my Beauchamps!

Catherine said...

I hope he feels better today!

Kristin said...

Delainey and Charlie must be 'blogmates' because she hasn't gotten off the couch since yesterday am when she laid there (well until bed time).. Hopefully Charlie and Delainey will both feel better very soon..
HUGS and Prayers
Kristin

cathy said...

Praying for Charlie. There is not much worse than when your child has a fever. At least for hypochondriacs like me who let my mind spiral out of control... Tylenol is the miracle wonder (Motrin, too) and I hope he bounces back soon.

Christina said...

Poor little guy! I'm glad to see he's feeling better!