Friday, November 21, 2008

2008

You know those desk calendars that are everywhere around the holidays, with a bazillion different themes from fishing to swimsuit models to puppies wearing hats? Well, I have been gifted several of those over the years, and they rarely make it past sometime in March. This year's was different. It was from my mom, and every day at my desk I actually remembered to pull of yesterday's page and read today's. The theme of my '08 calendar is "Wild Quotes from Wild Women", and it was a great one. Some of them, I couldn't part with and stuck in the desk drawer. Some of them I stuck on the bathroom mirror for my hubby to read. (teehee). And one of them, I like to think, might have played a small part in a big decision on just the right day.
The year's not over yet, but here are a few of my favorites so far.



"Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up."
-Marilyn Griest, career consultant


"Politeness is the art of selecting among one's real thoughts."
-Germaine de Stael, intellectual


"Do you want to trace your family tree? Run for public office."
-Patricia Vance, PA Senator


"If a man is talking the forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, is he still wrong?"
-Jenny Weber, wit at large


"Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy."
-Cynthia Nelms, American aphorist


"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?"
-Eleanor Roosevelt


"Never look as if you are lost. Always look as if you know exactly where you are going. If you don't know where you are going, head straight for the bar."
-Joan Collins, actress


"It is better to break someone's heart than to do nothing with it."-Margaret Kennedy, screenwriter


"I am convinced that there are times in everbody's experience when there is so much to be done, that the only way to do it is to sit down and do nothing."
-Fanny Fern, "Dear Abby" of the 1800s.


Leave me some of your favorites. I can never get enough of the quotes.
Hopefully one day I will make up my own. ;)

1 comment:

Christina said...

i LOVE these...i have little sticky notes all over my bathroom mirror and will be adding a few of these to the collection!!!