Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Weekend

A few weeks ago, I dropped some hintage on Facebook that I would love a "surprise" one night in Atlanta for the big V. We don't usually celebrate the holiday much, but the more kids we have, the more we will take an excuse to get a few moments together. And on a Saturday? Heck yeah.
(Know what sucks about this post? I have no pictures! I got lazy...again).
We dropped the kiddos off in the afternoon, one at my parents', one at Adams' and headed north in my dad's cute little Versa. (The minivan just isn't as much fun to drive downtown.) We checked into our free room (thank you, Hilton points) and hung out for a while before dinner. I had toyed with the idea of getting dressed up, making reservations, and mingling with the fancy shmancy for a night. Then, I pictures us in jeans, sucking down raw oysters with a big ole' rum drink. And so, we ended up at my favorite restaurant ever ever ever. We had oysters, crab legs, peel n' eat shrimp, crab dip, and lobster bisque. And two of those rum drinks. I could not have been happier. We ate dinner at about 5:00 so we would beat the crowds, and we planned on staying a long time anyway. But, the rum made me kinda tired, and the king sized white down comforter was calling my name. We headed back to the hotel and plopped down. Hey, we should go out to a bar! Orrrr....we could get some junk food and beer and stay in bed. The next 14 hours were spent in bed, with wine, cheesecake, chocolate covered strawberries, and cannoli. And the Sci-Fi channel. And each other. It was lovely.
Sunday we spent the afternoon driving around the city. Every time I am in Atlanta, I love it more and more. We drove from downtown, to midtown, to Buckhead, to Little 5. There was little traffic. The sun was shining. People were smiling. We had lunch on the patio at the Vortex, where I decided that instead of seeing a movie that afternoon, I would rather get a tattoo. Actually, I wanted to update the stars on my foot. After all, I have another girl star to add. :)
Two hours later:

My favorite color combo, and now, two boys and two girls.
Perhaps this time next year, we will start working on bringing home our final star, another little blue one. Perhaps...
On the way home, we played the Ipod game. Adam demolished my record of naming 20 artists in a row by making it to 34 with no oopsies. We picked up our babies, whom I had missed more than I thought I would. I think that one night away from them is all I can do for now. To end the weekend, we all went to Laurie and Loyd's for a cookout and enjoyed some awesome food and company. Home by 9 with two sleeping littles. Up till 1 catching up on Tivo and Facebook. What a fabulous weekend.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I so want my tattoo!

hotflawedmama said...

Love the tattoo. Where is that at? arm? I'm trying to think of a good way to tat my family on the body. Any ideas?

Christina said...

Ah, so fun, and love the tattoo(s). Makes me want to get another...

Rachel said...

Sounds like such fun! I had a hubby with the flu... boo. Next year, it's a white hotel duvet for me!

Ms. Fricknfrack said...

I get the same feeling when we hang in Atlanta. What an awesome V-day! And I LOVE your tattoo.